I could hardly contain my excitement for the U.S. solar eclipse. I love the mystery and wonder of a solar eclipse. As a coach, I encourage you to tap into the awe our ancestors felt during the times when the moon passed over the sun. Use the eclipse as a reminder to pause and reflect. Here are some prompts for your thinking.
- When the moon covers the sun, it reminds us that even in periods of darkness, there is light on the other side. Where is there darkness in my life right now? What light lies beyond the darkness, waiting to be revealed?
- The only time to safely look at the eclipse is during the brief period of totality, when the sun is entirely darkened by the moon. What can I see during only the darkest moments of my life? What gifts does the darkness give me?
- The eclipse feels like a unifying event during a divided time in our nation. Is there an area of your life where you feel divided or pulled in different directions? What lessons can nature teach me about duality (two opposites existing together)? How might I find beauty in the combination of opposites?
- No doubt much of the nation will take a break to witness the moon passing over the sun. Events like these remind us that we actually do have a choice about how "busy" we are. Where in my life do I need to hit the pause button? How can I prioritize my time so I can create the life I want to live?
- Some think that in the days and weeks surrounding the eclipse, people experience an extra boost of creative energy. What idea is resting inside of me waiting to be born? What steps can I take right now to take advantage of this extra creative energy?
I hope your eclipse experience brings you powerful insights about yourself and your place in the universe. Wherever you are on this planet, remember that darkness brings you the insights you need to expand your light into the world. Shine on!
Seeking Even More Reflection?
If you love learning more about yourself and seek to gain more meaning and fulfillment in life, join me for my upcoming Flourishing Workshop for Midlife Seekers.
On October 20-21, I'll lead a small group of like-minded seekers toward a more passion-filled life. During the workshop, you'll identify the storyline you've been living, including the greatness and shadow that are your subliminal operating system. You'll examine your values and how they can be used to overcome the fears that are holding you back from living your biggest, boldest, most authentic life. And you'll leave with an inspired purpose that will ignite and align new passion for your work, your home life and your hobbies.
Space is limited. Register today!